In this Issue
Exclusive Chapter Deal
Group registration is now available for the 2021 PDC Summit!
Save on the 2021 PDC Summit when you purchase registration for 25 people or more. If your chapter is interested in taking advantage of this opportunity to pre-purchase a coupon code that can be passed along to your members, please use this link to submit your request for group discounts.
Group Rates (Per Person)
- If you have a group of 2-24, please register individuals online here.
- Discounts cannot be issued retroactively.
- Chapters are responsible for paying the full amount of registration per person with a single credit card or check, and will be invoiced per an agreement between ASHE and the organization indicating the limit of registrations, discount code and amount due.
- Chapters have the right to collect registration fees from attendees. However, it is recommended and preferable to stay within the above rates in order to pass along the discount accordingly.
ASHE Awards Application Deadline – April 1, 2021
The ASHE chapter awards program provides affiliated chapters with additional opportunities to promote their programs and events to ASHE members and to receive additional recognition for their work in the previous year. The chapter recognition program is open only to affiliated ASHE chapters. Participating chapters are recognized for their accomplishments at the Annual Conference & Technical Exhibition and on the ASHE website.
The ASHE chapter awards program applications and supporting documentation are due April 1, 2021. Please access the awards application and information by clicking here and upload your application and all supporting documents to SharePoint under your chapter name. No paper submissions are accepted.
If you have questions, please contact Avis Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-422-3806.
2020 Chapter Awards Vouchers (Work Completed in 2019)
If you participated in the chapter awards program in 2020, you have until May 1, 2021 to submit your vouchers. All vouchers, except vouchers to attend the Annual Conference, are in the chapter’s SharePoint Folder. Instructions on how to redeem Annual Conference vouchers are coming soon.
If you have not received your vouchers or for more information, please contact Avis Gordon at email@example.com or 312-422-3806.
Platinum Elite and Platinum Awards
- A maximum of:
Four complimentary one-year vouchers to take the CHFM exam
Two vouchers for the CHFM exam and one voucher for the CHC exam
Two vouchers for the CHC exam.
- Two complimentary vouchers to attend the ASHE Annual Conference (instructions on how to redeem these vouchers coming soon).
- Four complimentary one-year ASHE memberships, which must be awarded to non-ASHE members within the local chapter area.
- Two complimentary ASHE publications from a select list of titles.
- A maximum of:
Two complimentary one-year vouchers to take the CHFM exam
One voucher to take the CHC exam.
- One complimentary voucher to attend the ASHE Annual Conference (instructions on how to redeem these vouchers coming soon).
- Two complimentary one-year ASHE memberships, which must be awarded to non-ASHE members within the local chapter area.
- One complimentary one-year voucher to take the CHFM exam.
- One complimentary one-year ASHE membership, which must be awarded to a non-ASHE member within the local chapter area.
For information on how to obtain these vouchers, please contact Avis Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-422-3806.
ASHE YouTube Channel
By Joshua Brackett, PE, SASHE, CHFM, Special Projects Manager, Baptist Health System
The last year has certainly had its challenges. But we have learned many lessons about how we can continue to grow and support our field.
One of ASHE's biggest initiatives is focused on providing FREE educational content on their YouTube Channel. Legacy FM believes in this mission and has volunteered to help grow this cause.
In January alone, ASHE released 15 new videos on this channel.
We have several different series, including:
- A how-to series where we talk about various code, regulatory and operational activities and why they are needed, how they work/how to perform them and commonly encountered issues.
- A series that is focused on leadership and soft skills.
- A series on sustainability efforts where we provide a brief overview of each energy conservation measure (ECM) by the ASHE Energy to Care Program.
- Our most recent series, “HFM Tech School,” where we interview individuals from our field on a single health care-related topic.
To subscribe, visit youtube.com/user/asheaha and click subscribe. You can also "ring the bell" to receive notifications each time a new video is posted.
Formerly Known As “Request for Speakers” is now “ASHE Speakers Bureau”
To streamline the process of requesting speakers and to give you a better selection of topics, ASHE has revised the process for requesting speakers. You will have the option to request an ASHE speaker to present a free program as part of your benefit as an affiliated chapter, or you can opt to sponsor one of our hosted programs.
Using the same form, you can also request ASHE materials to distribute at your chapter events. Help promote ASHE awareness and membership and provide information about health care facilities management products and services by displaying these materials at your next event or chapter meeting.
To request a speaker for your event along with materials, or to request a hosted event, please visit the ASHE Chapter Leaders Resource page and select “ASHE’s Speakers Bureau” or click this link: app.smartsheet.com/b/form/d1842dd42e3c4b46857abf5cddcfc66a.
2021 Important Dates
Please note: Information about and dates for the Annual Conference & Technical Exhibition coming soon.
- 1 - Last day to claim 2020 chapter vouchers (membership, publications, CHFM/CHC, for work completed in 2019).
- 27 - Notification to all chapter presidents as to status of awards application submittal.
- 2-4 - PDC Virtual Summit
- 7- Issue of Connections to chapter leaders.
- 16 - Second quarter call with chapter leaders.
- 15 - Third quarter call with chapter leaders.
- 27 - Issue of Connections to chapter leaders.
- 30 - Waivers for participation in 2020 chapter awards program added to chapters’ SharePoint account (Work completed in 2019).
- 17 - Fourth quarter call with chapter leaders.
- 19 - Issue of Connections to chapter leaders.
- 6 - Issue of Connections to chapter leaders.