Speak at an ASHE Conference
Twice a year, ASHE accepts presentation abstracts from those who want to present sessions at ASHE’s two annual conferences: The International Summit & Exhibition on Health Facility Planning, Design & Construction (PDC Summit) and the ASHE Annual Conference.
- The 2022 PDC Summit Call for Abstracts will open October 1 and close November 1, 2021 (no exceptions). Guidelines, topics and the submission site will be available at time of opening.
- The 2022 ASHE Annual Conference Call for Abstracts will open November 1 and close December 1, 2021 (no exceptions). Guidelines, topics and the submission site will be available at time of opening.
All proposed session abstracts must be submitted online. Links to the online submission site will be available once the call for abstracts opens.
Start preparing your ideas! To prepare for the abstract submission process, consider creating:
- Basic session information, including format, title, speakers, intended audience, etc.
- Detailed abstract (400-600 words) describing your session topic
- Concise (50-75 word) description of your session that would appear in conference materials
- Four (4) measurable learning outcomes stating what attendees will be able to do after attending the session
- Include at least two of the following concepts:
- Owner perspectives.
- Performance Improvement/Operational excellence.
- Applicability for rural and small hospital scalability.
- Innovation/Forward thinking.
- Patient experience.
- Strategic leadership.
- Technological advances.
The selection committee will give preference to abstracts that:
- In-depth sessions that bring value to attendees, their organizations and their communities.
- Concrete takeaways: Checklists, tools or other resources attendees can apply on the job.
- Multidisciplinary representation.
- Panels that include hospital owner representatives.
- Teams including:
- Facilities managers and professionals.
- Infection prevention professionals.
- Construction professionals.
- Presentation of diverse opinions.
- Content that motivates the pursuit of excellence.
- Critical and leading-edge information to help attendees stay ahead of health care changes.
Please note that ASHE uses a rigorous peer review process to select sessions and sales pitches are not accepted.