DateTue, Dec 07, 2021, 12:30 PM – Tue, Dec 07, 2021, 02:00 PM
About This Event
Join us for this 90 minute interactive health equity conversation! Dr. Jeff Thompson will speak about the disparate health impacts of environmental issues and the role of hospitals to promote healthy environments for the communities they serve.
Participants will then join breakout rooms to hear from panelists about leading practices that hospitals and health systems can integrate into their existing community health and sustainability strategies, such as reducing waste, preparing for natural disasters, and increasing energy efficiency.
Who Should Attend?
We encourage those responsible for championing and implementing community health and environmental stewardship strategies to attend, including but not limited to:
- Chiefs/VPs/Directors of Community and/or Population Health
- Chiefs/VPs/Directors of Facility, Energy, and/or Sustainability
Jeff Thompson, MD, Executive Advisor and Chief Executive Officer Emeritus, Gunderson Health System
Dr. Jeff Thompson's far-reaching experience in leadership includes having led diverse teams, projects, and divisions, including fourteen years as a CEO responsible for a staff of seven thousand, hundreds of thousands of patients, and a billion dollars of the community’s money within the Gundersen Health System.
His extensive experience as an intensive care pediatrician and senior executive provided him with the knowledge of how leading from one’s values has the power to affect long-term meaningful change.
Community and Population Health Panelists
- Angela MacDonald, System Director, Mission Integration, CHRISTUS
- Coletta Barrett, Vice-President of Mission, Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center
- Gregory Zucca, Director of Economic & Community Transformation, The MetroHealth System
Sustainability and Facility Management Panelists
- Clark Reed, National Program Manager, ENERGY STAR, US Environmental Protection Agency
- Brian Chesebro, MD, Director of Environmental Stewardship, Providence
- G. Andy Woommavovah, System Director, Energy and Infrastructure, CommonSpirit Health
- Sarah O'Keeffe, Director, Sustainability, The MetroHealth System
Register today! There is no fee to attend this session.
Please Note: This webinar is not eligible for CECs.
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed by presenters in this webinar should not be construed as directly representing the views of the American Society for Health Care Engineering (ASHE). ASHE does not endorse any products or services promoted in this webinar. By registering, you agree ASHE can share your contact information with the webinar sponsor.
Information provided by