ASHE ICRA 2.0™ Train-the-Trainer | 2023 PDC Summit | Pre-Conference
DateSun, Mar 12, 2023, 08:00 AM – Sun, Mar 12, 2023, 04:00 PM
With the revolving door of new employees, contractors and staff in your facility, how do you educate members on their roles in infection prevention?
Health care facilities are meant to provide care and life-saving support to patients. Yet, the intersection of construction, renovation and maintenance (CRM) activities and health care can raise the risks of secondary infections at a rate of 5,000 deaths per year. It is critical that all parties involved in these activities not only know the risks, but take comprehensive action to control infection spread.
Attendees of this workshop will take part in a training of trainers to engage meaningful infection prevention by using the ASHE ICRA 2.0 (Infection Control Risk Assessment) tool, an ICRA 2.0 Process Guide and train-the-trainer materials to take back and use at your site.
- Assess infection control risk in maintenance, renovation and construction projects with ASHE’s updated ICRA 2.0.
- Train members of your team to engage ICRA 2.0 through a mix of online modules and in person training.
- Establish a communication plan among workers and staff to engage infection prevention practices to protect the community.
- Promote a culture of health and safety through ongoing training to protect occupants from secondary infections during their treatment and care.
Provided with this program:
Upon the completion of this train-the-trainer program and receipt of the required agreements*, participants will receive full access to ASHE’s ICRA 2.0 training materials via 3-year access to the ASHE Learning Center.
The full ICRA 2.0 toolbox to help you train your staff includes:
- ICRA 2.0 Training slides.
- ICRA 2.0 Process Train-the-trainer guide.
- ICRA 2.0 Process Guide to print for site participants.
- Activity sheets, training plans and other support resources.
- ICRA 2.0: Improving Patient Protections e-Learning for trainer only (3 CECs if it is completed).
*IMPORTANT NOTE: Participants of this course will be required to complete and sign a Trainer Agreement and Training Ethics Agreement in order to access full training materials.