ASHE Webinar Series:
Moving a Culture Towards Energy Efficiency
February 10, 2021
12:00pm - 1pm CT
- Michael D. Roberts, PE, SASHE, CHFM, CHE Director – Energy Services and Central Energy Plants Facilities Management Group, Corporate, Atrium Health
- Joe Ross, Director/Senior Service Line Leader-Southern Division, Facilities Management, Atrium Health
- Elizabeth Ratner, AIA, CEM, LEED AP BC+C, Senior Specialist Energy, Facilities Management Group, Corporate Services, Atrium Health
Atrium Health Cleveland, located in Shelby, N.C. and part of the Atrium Health system, is the winner of the 2020 Energy to Care Energy Champion Award. The hospital facility received this award in recognition of significant energy efficiency gains — the result of capital and operational investments, a committed plant operations and maintenance staff, and the fostering of a culture that brought together energy savings and patient care. This provides an overview of the improvements made at the hospital and system level that helped the facility become a champion.
- Discuss strategies for engaging senior leadership and staff in sustainability goals.
- Explain development of a system wide energy program.
- Identify key ways the system wide energy program influenced energy reduction.
- Provide overview of system wide training program.
- Demonstrate projects that drove energy savings.