The Joint Commission has identified the top eight physical environment standards that are frequently cited during surveys of hospitals and other health care facilities. To help address these issues, ASHE is collaborating with the Joint Commission to provide resources that help facility professionals keep their organizations in compliance.
The Joint Commission has created a physical environment portal to house its resources related to these top issues. ASHE will be providing resources on this new Focus on Compliance website, including tools, best practices, and technical documents.
Every two months ASHE and the Joint Commission will focus on a new standard, with the previous information archived on this page to create a library of compliance resources. Watch this page in August for the first resources on utility systems.
- July 2015: Introduction and announcement of collaboration at the ASHE Annual Conference
- August/September 2015: Utility systems (EC.02.05.01)
- October/November 2015: Means of egress (LS.02.01.20)
- December/January 2016: Built environment (EC.02.06.01)
- February/March 2016: Fire protection (EC.02.03.05)
- April/May 2016: Building and fire protection features (LS.02.01.10)
- June/July 2016: Life safety protection (LS.02.01.30)
- August/September 2016: Automated suppression systems (LS.02.01.35)
- October/November 2016: Hazardous materials and waste management (EC.02.02.01)
ASHE Focus on Compliance resources are sponsored by: