Lunch & Learn Series:
Stainless Steel Drainage Systems for Hospitals and Medical Centers
Tuesday, May 12, 2020
Scott Steindler, CPD, GPD, LEED‐AP BD+C, ARCSA‐AP (IS), GGP, Regional Manager, BLÜCHER
Scott Steindler has served as the vice president of membership and vice president technical for the National Board of the American Society of Plumbing Engineers. He has also served on the local board of directors for the Los Angeles, Charlotte and New Orleans chapters of ASPE in various roles. His background includes working in the plumbing industry as a wholesaler, contractor, designer and manufacturers’ representative. Scott’s 20 years of experience gives him a unique and comprehensive understanding of the industry as a whole.
Behind every wall, under every floor and in virtually every ceiling in a hospital you will find pipes. They are often forgotten because we rarely see them, but they could be described as the circulatory system of a building, delivering and disposing of vital fluids and gasses of this living and breathing environment.
- Understand the magnitude of health care-associated infections (HAIs) & costs associated with them.
- Understand how drainage designed for use in health care environments can help to mitigate the different types of contamination and corrosion which are deleterious to drainage systems and the patient care environment.
- Compare different piping and drainage systems, their benefits & deficiencies.
- Learn why not all piping systems are created equal, even those with similar materials of construction. Jointing methodology, ease of install and finish processes are vital in selecting the correct materials for your application.
- Review how efficiently designed drainage impacts cleaning time and water use.
*Lunch and Learn webinars are not eligible for CECs or contact hours.